Applejack's design for the "what if" story where Twilight Sparkle travels into an alternative and dark future.
A little warning. This concept involves my favorite pairings: Rainbow x Fluttershy, Pinkie x Twilight and Applejack x Rarity. Thou have been warned! XD
Again, I'll leave a summary regarding the character's background:
When Twilight disappeared Applejack went on a long search along with Pinkie Pie and their friends, but their search was fruitless as the months passed by. When Rarity began to show signs of extreme fatigue Applejack, concerned with her health, thought they should go back to Ponyville. However, none of the others wanted to go back because they could be close to find Twilight.
Applejack knew it was important to find their lost friend but the well-being of Rarity was also important. So she chose to take her back home and leave the search for the others, but as the time goes by her friends returned home and the hopes to find Twilight began to vanish.
Not long after that Ponyville was attacked by the Changelings, and without Twilight's help they couldn't rely on the Elements of Harmony. But that wasn't a problem for the farm girl since she could use her own strength in battle.
The battle was won by short but unfortunately it wasn't the last as news of Canterlot falling over Chrysalis hands spread fast.
One day Rainbow Dash showed her a plan which involved on ambushing Chrysalis at Canterlot and it looked perfect. Too perfect... However, the plan failed as the mane five and their comrades were expected at the castle by the Queen and her army.
During the fight Applejack saw her comrades falling one after another, and her closest friends getting severely wounded. And then for her horror she saw a few crumbling pieces of the castle's walls, caused by the fight, falling over a very wounded Rarity.
Applejack ran as fast as she could to save the girl and she managed to push her away, but her act of bravery came with a cost as the rocks fell over her and crushed her right leg.
The mane five managed to escape from the castle but at the cost of leaving their comrades behind.
Back at Ponyville, Applejack enraged, blames Rainbow Dash for what happened and after an awful discussion between them she left, never speaking to Rainbow Dash ever again.
Later on Applejack gets a prosthetic leg and she quickly gets used it, the only thing she hates is to adjust it from time to time, and now she lives with her family in what used to be the Sugarcube Corner and provides food for the survivors of their town.
Next is Rainbow Dash!
Applejack (My Little Pony) © *fyre-flye, Hasbro
Human concept © me
On my Tumblr page: hazurasinner.tumblr.com/post/6…
1. Solid quality work here as with Pinkie Pie. It was the correct artistic call to have the prosthetic leg resemble more a "hoof" than a foot, it gives the audience subtle visual synthesis between your humanization and the pony source materiel.
2. Though... No Stetson? Was it lost/destroyed? Was it passed on to an older Apple Bloom? Or to her (your) OC-daughter Apple Syrup?
2. I am a bit surprised that you did not scar Applejack more, though. Generally, Applejack is the one on the receiving end of physical punishment (in slapstick comedy fashion, of course) among the Elements of Harmony.
Poor Applejack already lost her leg and if I did more scars on her that would be too much don't you think? 'XD
4. I figured as much about Applejack's Stetson going to Apple Bloom, assuming you did not destroy it. That and OC Apple Syrup wears Apple Bloom's ribbon.
5. As for more scarring, that the tragic nature of bold characters like Applejack and Rainbow Dash (or Real Life heroes, such as fire-fighters, soldiers, & field medics), to have more injuries than others. That is the price of being someone who often stands at the forefront in the field. So it actually would have been reasonable to have a Dark Future (DF) Applejack almost as heavily scarred as DF Pinkie Pie. But that is a minor passable detail.
6. I would think you would have your OC children in this Dark Future. Gives you a chance to show them grown up to their respective parents' ages when the "Mane Six" first stood defiant against Nightmare Moon. And how the OC children may be the salvation of this Dark Future (possibly as the next bearers of The Elements of Harmony, or something).
Hmmm, you got a point there.
I have to admit that scenario with the kids would be quite interesting to do, but the thing is, I established this story's chronology to be taken a few days after Twilight's coronation, and most of the ideas I had would have to be changed. This could work better as a whole different story though.
A.J. looks like a MAN!
a man with... boobs.
Brillando en la inmensidad;
Un pájaro enamorado
Cantando en el florestal
Por ambiente los aromas del jazmin y el azahar;
Junto a nosotros el agua;
Brotando del manantial:
Nuestros del manantial:
Nuestros labios muncho mas,
Tu levantándote al cielo
Y yo siguiéndote alla,
Ese es el amor, mi vida,
¡Esa es la felicidad¡
And your guess is actually right, until she got used to the new leg Rarity was always there to help her out, even though we know AJ is too stubborn. XD
Hmmm, I'm still debating with myself about the Changelings designs but my primary idea was taking their form from the series and turn it into an armor or something of the sort and keep their human form like the pony cast.
The changelings are so stupid.