1. Been waiting until I worked my way up to this fan-work to say this, but I love your depiction of human-AppleJack. The majority of AppleJack humanizations expose her midriff or legs, and those are most of the ones NOT particularly trying to sexualize her -_- . Thus it is great to see that your human-AppleJack is work-dressed as a hard-labouring farmer would be.
2. Art-wise... The shading, and more importantly the lighting, are excellent. The detail-work on the sunlight patches bleeding through the tree's shade-canopy really adds to the work.
3. A minor critique, the background sky could have been defined better, unless it was left out due to being a commission?
Thank you very much, glad you like my version of Applejack. I got shocked with the humanizations I found of Applejack with so much skin showing, it doesn't look natural for someone who is always working on a farm.
As for the background, I don't make them in commissions that's why it's so plain with just blue color, if it wasn't a commission I would've worked on the background properly.
4. (concerning background) Fair enough, and that is what I had figured already since it was a commission. The "main" background part & detailing, the tree & sunlight, was the important part anyway.
5. Besides your human-AppleJack, the only other version I really like is done by fellow DeviantArt(ist) Trinityinyang, who also portrayed the farmpony in appropriate clothing. His pony-human work only tops yours because he chose to do his artistic style that is bullseye-accurate to the canon animation style (seriously, Hasbro Studios should hire the guy). But I have been enjoying your anime-style as well, ever since I semi-randomly found your gallery weeks ago.
Still more comment-reviews to come! As I work my way up through your works, chronologically, with what free time I get from work & family & more work to do so .
this is so impressive, even for you XD the position and posture are completely perfect; and so suit Applejack D the feet are also well done also the shading and lighting look amazing and so believable, the little hightlights on her hair are also super pretty great job, definitely a fav D
So awesome > u<!! As usual, totally amazing !!! If I had moneys, and some sort of internet place to use moneys and such, I would probably get you to do some sort of commission. I'd love to see my OC in your style ^_^ But, tis only a dream~